Pupil PE and sport premium
Primary PE and Sport Funding
What is the PE and sport Premium?
The Government has provided funding each year for improving physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools since 2013.
This funding is being jointly provided by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport, with money going directly to primary schools to spend on improving the quality of sport and PE for all their children.
Possible uses for the funding include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work alongside primary teachers when teaching PE
- New or additional Change4Life sports clubs
- Paying for professional development opportunities in PE/Sport
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE/sport
- Running sport competitions, or increasing participation in the school games
- Buying quality assured professional development modules or materials for PE/Sport
- Providing places for pupils on after school sport clubs and holiday clubs
- Barlby pupils access outstanding PE provision for two hours each week
- Teachers have been upskilled in the teaching of PE and sport
- Barlby pupils have more frequent competitive opportunities to participate in borough and tri-borough tournaments
- The range of sports available to Barlby pupils in a school year has improved
- After school sports provision has improved significantly
- Sporting opportunities for pupils with SEN and those accessing specialist autism provision have increased
- The MUGA installed in 2015 is Sport England approved and used daily
Click on the attachment below for more detailed information about how we allocate our grant.